Protein is an integral part of building muscle. If you’re hitting those weights hard, but aren’t getting enough protein, then you’re sabotaging your gains. Luckily, protein comes in many forms! I like to have a protein shake immediately following my intense weight sessions. This one is super easy and quite delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (I use this one: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/rawfusion.html)
- 1 Heaping Tablespoon Cocoa (I like mine real chocolate-ty!) 😀
- Handful of Frozen or Fresh Strawberries
- 5-8 Ice Cubes
- **Alternatively, you can reduce the Almond Milk to 3/4 Cup and add 1/4 Cup of Espresso or strong coffee!)
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Toss all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until creamy smooth.
- Pour into glass and garnish with fresh strawberries.