When trying to decide what to take to our family’s Christmas Eve get-together, I just couldn’t quit thinking about sausage balls. We always had them around the Holidays when I was a kid, and everyone always loved them. So, when you’ve gone vegan, and you don’t eat gluten, I wasn’t optimistic that I would ever get to eat them again. I figured I would try an experiment and see if it worked. Let’s just say that it worked so well, we had them again for New Years Eve too!
It was super simple, and they were totally delicious…especially when dipped into some homemade vegan ranch (recipe coming soon!).
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Vegan-Gluten Free “Sausage” Balls
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Package Beyond Meat Burgers
- 2 Cups Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
- 1 1/4 Cup Pamela’s Gluten Free Biscuit & Scone Mix
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 2 Teaspoons Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Dash of Black Pepper
- (optional) 1-2 Teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl.
- Using your hands, knead until everything is evenly mixed together. (If the mixture is too crumbly, add a teaspoon of water at a time until it holds together when you form it into a ball.)
- Using a 1/8 measuring cup, scoop the mixture out, then roll into a ball.
- Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the outsides are golden brown.
- Serve warm with ranch and Enjoy!
**Makes approximately 20